By Health In Five Writer
- India registers 2.11 lakh Covid-19 cases in the last 24 hours.
- The active Covid caseload declines to 24,19,907.
- Active Cases decrease by 75,684 in last 24 hours.
- 2,46,33,951 total Recoveries across the country so far. 2,83,135patients recovered during last 24 hours.
- Recoveries continue to outnumber the Daily New Cases for the 14th consecutive day.
- Recovery Rate increases to 90.01%.
- Weekly Positivity Rate currently at 10.93%.
- Daily positivity rate at 9.79%, less than 10% for 3 consecutive days.
- 20.27 Cr. Vaccine Doses administered so far under Nationwide Vaccination Drive.
- After the USA, India is the 2nd country to achieve the 20 cr Vaccination doses landmark.
- Testing capacity substantially ramped up- 21.57 lakh tests conducted in last 24 hours.
- More than 22crore vaccine doses provided to States/UTs.
As part of the nationwide vaccination drive, Government of India has been supporting the States and UTs by providing them COVID Vaccines free of cost. In addition, the Govt. of India has also been facilitating direct procurement of vaccines by the States/UTs. Vaccination is an integral pillar of the comprehensive strategy of Government of India for containment and management of the pandemic, along with Test, Track, Treat and COVID Appropriate Behaviour.
Implementation of the Liberalized and Accelerated Phase-3 Strategy of Covid-19 Vaccination has started from 1st May 2021.
Under the Strategy, in every month 50% of the total Central Drugs Laboratory (CDL) cleared vaccine doses of any manufacturer would be procured by Govt. of India. It would continue to make these doses available to the State Govts totally free of cost as was being done earlier.
Government of India has so far provided, both through the free of cost category and through direct state procurement category, more than 22crore vaccine doses(22,16,11,940) to States/UTs.
Of this, the total consumption, including wastages is 20,17,59,768 doses (as per data available at 8 AM today).
More than 1.84 crore COVID Vaccine doses (1,84,90,522) are still available with the States/UTs to be administered.
Furthermore, 11lakh (11,42,630) vaccine doses are in the pipeline and will be received by the States/UTs within the next 3 days.